The 2 steps for applying by endorsement are:
NOTE: According to state law, you must provide your social security number (SSN) to obtain a license; or alternatively, if you do not have a SSN, you must submit an affidavit stating that you do not have one.
Step 2. Complete the 6 items below in ANY order.
- Contact the registrar at your school and have them send an official transcript directly to the Board. (This applies only to graduates of CAPTE-accredited programs. All others must submit an educational evaluation.)
- Mail a recent, passport-type photo to the Board. Computer-printed photos are not acceptable and will delay the processing of your application. Must be on standard photographic paper, with the printed name, date of birth, and signature of the applicant on the reverse in dark ink. For information regarding passport-type photo requirements, click here.
- Have a Letter of Completion sent directly to the Board by your entry-level PT or PTA program. (This applies only to graduates of CAPTE-accredited programs only.) Request the director of your PT or PTA program to complete and mail the Board's Letter of Completion (pdf) certifying that you completed the program. It must be an original, include the school seal (or be notarized) and be signed by the school registrar, the program director, or other authorized school official. It must be mailed by the school directly to the Board.
- Provide verification of licensure from all states in which you have ever held a license. At least one of those verifications must show current, active licensure. All verifications must be sent directly to the Board by the state board issuing the license. The verification information must include type of license (PT or PTA); issuance and expiration dates; license number; and indication of any disciplinary action taken, with official documentation. Contact each state board in which you have a license to request that verification be sent to Texas.
- Provide an exam score report sent directly from the FSBPT Score Transfer Service to the Board. Request a score transfer online from the FSBPT .
- Take the Jurisprudence Assessment Module.
NEW - Applicants whose license will be issued on or after January 1, 2019 will need to comply with the new fingerprinting requirement.
Please see New Fingerprinting Requirement Effective 1/01/2019 for details.
Beginning June 1, 2017, individuals applying for licensure will be required to take the PT Board's new Texas Jurisprudence Assessment Module (TX JAM). The TX JAM will replace the current Jurisprudence (JP) Exam. For more information, click here.