Steps for Applying for a License by Endorsement
NOTE: According to state law, you must provide your social security number (SSN) to obtain a license; or alternatively, if you do not have a SSN, you must submit an affidavit stating that you do not have one.
Step 2. Complete items A - G below in ANY order.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: Contact the registrar at your school and have them send an official transcript directly to the Board. The transcript must show the date that the degree was conferred.
Transcripts in pdf form will be accepted if sent directly from the registrar’s office to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic transcripts sent by a third party processor are acceptable.This applies only to graduates of CAPTE-accredited programs. All others must submit an educational evaluation.
- PASSPORT-TYPE PHOTO: A recent, 2 in. x 2 in. passport-type photo must be submitted to the Board either by mail or digitally. By Mail: Computer-printed photos are not acceptable and will delay the processing of your application. Photos must be on standard photographic paper, with the printed name, date of birth, and signature of the applicant on the reverse in dark ink. For information regarding passport-type photo requirements, click here. By Email: An emailed digital photo is acceptable if it adheres to the U.S. Department of State specifications found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html. Email a digital photo as an attahment to email@example.com. Include your name as it appears on your application and your birthdate in the text of the email.
- LETTER OF COMPLETION: A Letter of Completion is no longer required if the transcript shows the date that the degree was conferred.
- LICENSE VERIFICATION: Your license status in the states in which you hold or have held a license will be verified online by staff once your application is received. At least one verification needs to show current, active licensure without any encumbrance.
States and territories that do not have sufficient information on their websites for primary source verification and are excluded from staff verification are Arkansas, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you hold or have held a license from any of the excluded states/territories, contact that state board and request license verification be sent to Texas. The verification can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly from the other state board.
- EXAM SCORE REPORT: an exam score report must be sent directly from the FSBPT Score Transfer Service to the Board. Request a score transfer online from the FSBPT .
- TEXAS JURISPRUDENCE ASSESSMENT MODULE (TX JAM): Take the online Jurisprudence Assessment Module. A score report will be sent directly to the Board from the FSBPT.
- FINGERPRINTING: A Criminal Background Check via Fingerprinting is required prior to issuance of a license. Please see New Fingerprinting Requirement Effective 1/01/2019 for details.