The restoration process is a method for former licensees, whose Texas license is expired, to return to licensure. Various remedies are available to restore the Texas expired license:
- If you now have a current license in another US State or Territory.
- If your Texas license is expired more than one year and less than two years, and you hold no current license elsewhere in the US or US Territories.
- If your Texas license is expired more than two years and you hold no current license elsewhere in the US or US Territories.
First, refer to §370.3 to read about restoring a Texas license and the options available.
Go to the Forms Page of the website for the restoration form. Call the renewal department with questions, 512/305-6900.
Other Restoration Information:
1. Make sure you download the Restoration Form and not the renewal form.
2. Include a 2x2 inch passport type photo (headshot) on photographic paper. Print your name and
the last 4 digits of your SSN on the back of the photo.
3. List all the states where you have been licensed since leaving Texas, if applicable, whether they
are expired licenses or current.